SHORT FILM:: "JACKS" Meet the Costume Designer


Alycia Holman-Dyson

Alycia Holman-Dyson - Costume Designer
I am a wife and mother of three beautiful children, 9 and under. I left the field of community mental health six years ago to raise my children and support my husband. I taught myself to sew because I wanted pretty dresses for my daughter without having to pay a fortune. From there my passion grew and I can’t imagine my life without fabric and thread! 

Set in the 1950s, "Jacks" is a true story of how young Sonia learns a tough lesson of how to stand up to a neighborhood bully who keeps stealing her toy Jacks. 



Her inspiration for this project... 

"How could I say no to being a part of this amazing team! These women are awesome, living their dreams and working so incredibly hard to make them a reality! I’m honored to have my name associated with it. "

Her work will be hard to miss in this cute little period drama, set in Dallas, Texas during the post depression era. Alycia's creativity is responsible for all the costumes worn by the four young girls in the film. After a few emails and Google Hangout meetings with the Director and production team in LA (she's based in Mississippi), she came up with the most lovely custom designed outfits. She sent over her designs, which were approved and the Wardrobe Stylist here in LA did all the shopping for fabric and buttons in our fashion district. 







Production then shipped all of the materials to Alycia in Mississippi where she had an amazing turnaround of less than two weeks! The director was completely satisfied and all of the costumes fit the little ladies like a charm! No alterations necessary! It was the smoothest process ever! 











We are so appreciative of her talent and skills she was able to bring to our production. The little leading ladies were able to keep all of the custom outfits they wore for the shoot as a gift from production. 



Nylah wearing a custom dress

Skylar wearing her custom overalls




Wardrobe Stylist - Apryl Payton- Gordon with the cast

We are currently submitting to festivals all over the WORLD! If you'd like to contribute to our efforts by donating towards our submission fees, you may do so by clicking the PayPal link! Thanks in advance!

Comments

Popular Posts