GIRLFRIENDS:: Ashley Nicole


I'm starting a new photo series titled, "Girlfriends" and it's dedicated to all the women who influence me or support me in my life, some how, some way. I'm starting with my BFF, my soul-mate, my lil sister Ashley Freeny.

We met in the year 2007 on the magical island of Sicily Italy. I'll never forget meeting her. She had lost all her luggage (just like me) on her flight and was stuck playing a board game with her mentor and other controllers at the time (we were Navy Air Traffic Controllers for many years). I remember seeing her and wondering if she would ever be interested in a friendship with the only other black female in the division. She was. 

I quickly started inviting her on outings and trips to the local malls and towns. I was so relieved to know that there was another black female from a small town in the south who enjoyed all the random things I did. We have the same taste in music, movies and jokes! I fell in love.

It was so hard leaving her on that island as I made my journey to another island in the middle of the Indian Ocean... far, far, far away from my new found joy. Ever since, we've grown so much. She is now a graduate of acting school and pursuing her dreams in LA, with me. So proud and so happy for this girl. She has so much to look forward to and I can't wait until I see her face on the screen, entertaining millions of people across the globe. 

I'm happy to say I've had the chance to work with her in the professional capacity and she is awesome! I've casted her in my projects and she has worked as my MUA on many others. She is a gift to me and I will always cherish her spirit, support, guidance and love for me. 

Ashley is the first of my installment and I plan to add more. Here is a peek of some of her images:





Comments

Popular Posts